Tuesday, March 8, 2011

5k anyone?!!?

So I have to say that I have been pretty uninspired this past week and HUNGRY!  I have been eating about 200 more calories than I have been a day (half of a Lara bar before and after my workout).  I have hit a plateau ( i hate them), but I know they are happen and am waiting for it to pass. It has been 1 week and no weight loss.  My workouts with my trainer twice a week have been going great. He can make the sweat pour.  We have also been using the kettlebells a lot, which I like.

I did make an appointment to get my RMR and my VO2 max done in a couple of weeks but then a meeting was scheduled at the same time.  I will reschedule.  I also got my paperwork to get my blood work done.  I need to make sure that nothing is up on that front as well. 

Now for the fun part:
So yesterday I thought I would do my own treading class.  It consists of  5 min running, 5 min active recovery, 4 min running, 4 min active recovery.... you get the picture.  They were showing National Security? in the cardio theatre in the gym.  I was worried about getting to 5 because I have not run the two weeks since I have been home and I did not run longer than 5 minutes at FR.   So I started my run for 5 minutes at a 5.2... I got to 5 minutes and I thought I am doing ok, I should go for 7.... got to 7, I am doing ok, I should got for 10... got to 10... you get the picture. I RAN for 20 minutes before taking a 2 minute recovery and then I ran again.  I ran a 5k and only walked for 3.5 minutes!!!! YEAH!  As you can see from my blog pictures, I have run before.  I did not think I had the lungs for it anymore.  My friend Kamala and I were looking for a 30 day goal and we thought there was no way that a St Patrick 5k was possible. Well... I was wrong :)

1 comment:

  1. You continue to be an inspiration. When will I get that I'm not the only one to hit the road blocks? You just take them in stride and succeed. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete