Monday, March 14, 2011

Where is my Wagon?

The horses ran off and the wagon came unhitched.  Could someone please rehitch them to my wagon?  Where is my wagon anyway?

So I fell off the "wagon" like so many times in my life.  I went more than a week without losing weight while working out and eating right, my daughter got sick, and I felt sick too (just one of the days in question).  Did I get on my bike at home? No.  Did I make it to the gym since Tuesday? No. (swimming lessons have fallen apart for my daughter)  Did I overeat? YES.  I have been so hungry.  I gave in to my hunger last Wednesday by eating a double portion of meat, many wheat thins (probably 3 servings), and 2 wafer cookies.  Now Thursday, I did well until dinner.  We went to a fundraiser and they were serving appetizers.  It was also a wine tasting.  I had two glasses of wine and an uncountable number of appetizers including dessert.  I felt so guilty for the next 2 days and my scale was up 3 pounds too.  I am not sure how some people follow those diets where you get one cheat day to eat all and anything you want which will supposedly keep your metabolism guessing.  I seriously have a problem stopping with just one bite of dessert if there is more dessert sitting in front of me.  I am better off just not taking that first bite or just making a small serving.  I do get the feeling though that I need to figure out some way to have a small amount of dessert at least a couple of nights a week.  I made chocolate covered strawberries last night. Yumm.  I only ate two like I was supposed to and it satisfied my sweet craving.

I need to cook more and plan my meals.  I am getting tired of eating the same things.  Although I have been eating out.  Eating out is not that great though, because I stick to salads.  Anyone have any great recipes to share and have you tried any more FR recipes? 

Today, I am getting back to the gym! Clothes are in the car.  Check on me to see if I went.  My weight is back down and I have lost another half pound so I have turned things around.... again.  I am down two sizes and it is nice to go shopping in my closet. 

Thanks for all your support, I need it.  I do not go it alone well and wish I had a gym buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment