Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back Again

I am not sure how the people at FR find the energy to blog every night.  I did not.  I did try to workout after dinner and had to work some nights, so that may have been part of it.  I also got very frustrated and sore.  I had a very hard time keeping a positive attitude after gaining weight after the first week.  That did not mean that I still did not give it my all.  In the back of my mind, I had this hope that  a miracle would happen and my body would make up for all the weight I held onto the first week.  I found myself not being able to focus on my successes (did I ever say how competive I am).  I kicked some butt on the hikes after the first 5 days.  I was the only one that for both of my two weeks to choose the hardest hikes on Saturday, just for the extra calorie burn.  I also ran on the treadmill for the treading class between a 5.4 and 6.5.  I did some really cool releases with the kettlebells.  I took 5 personal training classes in addition to the regular schedule. 

I lost 2.5 pounds at FR in the two weeks I was there and .5 inches from my hips and waist (I think that was a gift from Ursula).  I expected to lose at least 10 pounds from my BodyBugg.

I am 1 day away from 2 months at this and I have lost 21.5 pounds,  yet I still have problems recognizing that sucess.  Not sure why I am so hard on myself, but not losing what I expected at FR really weighs heavy on my self esteem. I feel like I failed.  Why can't I pull out of that mindset?
I need to get to the gym.  I usually feel better when I do, and I missed two workouts.

Oh, for my 20 pound reward I purchased a new gym bag for myself. It is the size of the lockers, so no more stuffing my duffle bag into the locker :)

I called this morning to get my RMR  and VO2 max tested.  So I keep moving forward, even if it feels like I am moving through mud.  Not only am I competitive, but I am stubborn too.




2 comments:

  1. Girl, 21.5 pounds is amazing! I have no clue how you could not have dropped a ton with all of the work you did at the ridge. The selfishness in me is happy to have someone else in the same boat, but the difference is, you didn't sit around when you got home like I have. THANK YOU for really motivating me to get back to it. You have inspired me with the proof that tenacity pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel Shelli! But celebrate your successes, even the seemingly "little" ones. You have to lose ounces before you lose pounds and here you are at 21.5! That's amazing!

    Go to the pet aisle at the store and pick up a 20-pound bag of dog food. You got that off your body!

    It's easy to get discouraged...but it took time to put it on and it will take time to take it off. The problem is, you're more aware of the time (and the work!) to take it OFF.

    The KNOWLEDGE you gained at FR will pay off in spades. I for one am MORE than when I first went. But I know what to do. So much of the battle is MENTAL...so forgive yourself for beating yourself up and make a new day!

    Cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete