Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Monday Hike

On the first day there is a evaluation hike.  Somehow I ended up on the Fast Van.  THAT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPENED ON YOUR FIRST WEEK.  These people that have been here for weeks are running on the trail.  Clumsy me FELL  about 5 minutes into the hike when I twisted my foot on a rock.  Micheal (one of the guides) stopped me or I would have kept going because I did not want to seem like a sissy.  Well I had bloodied my knee needing two band aids.  My knee did not hurt as bad as my foot. But of course I cannot show pain or else I will end up on the slow van! My heart rate got up to180 and my asthma kicks in.  We get to the van and I think "Whew" and the guide says we have more time! So we start on another trail.  I burned 2300 calories before LUNCH.  More later. Time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're having a gas (foot excluded). There's nothing wrong with the slow van, though. They're working hard, too. I should know.

    You're getting gorgeous weather for this, you lucky.

    ReplyDelete